Try the Washrag – it gently rotates and stretches the neck, shoulder joints, lower back and hips. It’s a gentle wringing out of the whole body so enjoy this beautiful, lazy movement.
Begin by lying on your back with knees bent and arms out to the side. Inhale before you begin.
Rolling the knees
- Exhale and roll your knees gently towards the floor
- Inhale and draw your knees back to the start position – you should roll and press the feet into the floor when bringing knees back to centre
- Repeat to alternate sides, doing 3 on each side.
Rolling the arms
- Inhale to prepare, then exhale and roll the arm so the palm faces the floor on one side and the other palm faces up.
- Repeat 3 times.
Arms and knees together with head movement
- Now combine the arm and knee movements and add the head movement
- As you roll your knees to the floor and the palm up on the other side, slowly turn your head to look at the upturned palm. It’s knees down, palm down, head turned towards upturned palm
- Repeat alternating sides x3.