This asana helps develop physical and emotional balance – here’s how to do it:
- Bring yourself to standing with your big toe knuckle joints touching. Spread your toes wide and gently lift your heels to give yourself the broadest, longest foundation to work with.
- Gently lift your kneecaps by tensing the front of your thighs, drawing the muscles back to the bones, and draw your navel back to your spine.
- Breathe in and as you do, lift your shoulders, breathe out and roll them back and down, gently opening your chest.
- Lengthen your neck, balancing your head on top of your long neck. Close your eyes and breathe in, breathe out and relax.
- Visualise the strength and stillness of a mountain as you continue to breathe and relax.